Summary of hypotheses
Ideamarket is an experiment to test these hypotheses:
- 1.Truth exists.
- 2.Truth has value.
- 3.Truth is uncertain.
- 4.Everyone needs to trust someone.
- 5.Trust is a scarce natural resource.
- 6.Markets allocate scarce natural resources between parties with conflicting interests.
- 7."Rationality is risk management." (Taleb)
- 8.People cannot be persuaded against their will.
- 9.A profit motive makes people more willing to be persuaded.
- 10.Truth is universally good, and unites people.
- 11.If Ideamarket replaces corporate media as the arbiter of credibility, the problems it creates will be preferable to the problems we face today.