Welcome! This page will walk you through everything you need to know to get started on Ideamarket.
To list, buy, or sell on Ideamarket, you need a wallet loaded with an Ethereum-based cryptocurrency.
The wallets Ideamarket supports are:
On the app.ideamarket.io page, you can connect a wallet in a few different ways, such as by...
Clicking on the 'No Wallet' button in the top right hand corner
Clicking 'Buy' on any listing
Clicking 'Add Listing' on app.ideamarket.io
Each of these actions triggers the wallet connection popup.
Once you have connected a wallet, buy upvotes:
Go to app.ideamarket.io
Find the listing you want to buy. If you don't see it, search for it in the search bar.
3. Click 'Buy.' 4. Select the cryptocurrency you would like to use for this transaction. It doesn't matter which one you choose as long as you have funds in your wallet.
5. Enter the amount you want to spend, or the upvotes to buy, in either of the fields. Click 'Max' to enter your entire balance for the selected currency.
6. (optional) Selecting 'Lock for 1 year' will disallow you from selling the upvotes of the listed account for 1 year after purchase. This allows you to signal your long-term confidence in a listing, reducing risk for future buyers.
7. Click 'Buy', confirm the transaction on the wallet you are using, and wait for the transaction to process. This can take a few minutes. 8. To check the balance of upvotes you have purchased, you can do so by either: a) Clicking on the the 'Wallet' navigation menu item. 'My Holdings' is where you can find the accounts you have bought upvotes for and 'Locked' is where you can find the accounts you have made locked purchases for.
b) Navigating to the listing page
Your balance of upvotes available (unlocked only) is shown in the purchase form on the right side of the listing page.
You can list any account, as long as it's not already listed.
If you add an account owned by someone else, interest will begin to accrue to their wallet immediately after a purchase, and they can claim it anytime.
Go to app.ideamarket.io
Click 'Add listing' button at the top of the page
Connect a wallet (if you haven't already)
Using the "Market" dropdown, select the platform of the account you want to list. (e.g., to list a Twitter account, select "Twitter")
Enter the name of the account to list. Make sure the profile photo that appears is the correct one.
You can sell the upvotes for the listed accounts you have bought upvotes for using essentially the same process as buying.
Find the listing you'd like to sell in your Wallet, or by searching for the listing in the search bar.
Click the reverse icon in the panel to switch the transaction from 'buying' to 'selling.'
4. Enter the amount of upvotes to sell. Select 'Max' to sell all of your unlocked upvotes. 5. Click 'Sell' and follow the prompts from your connected wallet to complete the transaction. 6. Wait for the transaction to process. This can take several minutes.
The deposits in each listing generate interest, claimable by the owner of the listed account.
Note: Claiming your account requires a verification transaction. Make sure you have enough ETH in your wallet to cover the gas fee.
To claim your listed account:
Navigate to the account in question using the search bar.
2. Click the listing to open its Listing Page. 3. On the account's Listing Page, click 'Verify Ownership' in the panel on the left.
4. In the popup, read the Terms of Service and click 'I understand.' 5. Enter the wallet address you'll use to claim the listed account. To use the wallet that's currently connected to Ideamarket, click 'Use connected.' 6. To verify you own the listed account, you must post a verification code using the associated account:
For Twitter: Copy the text displayed in the verification pop-up and post is as a tweet on the associated account. Note: this has to be a new tweet, a reply to a tweet will not work.
For Substack: Copy to the text displayed in the verification pop-up and add it to your publication's 'About section'. You can delete this after verification.
For Showtime: Copy the verification code and add it to your account's Bio. After verification is complete, you can remove it.
Once you've posted the verification code, check the confirmation box and click 'Next.'
7. Click 'Transfer' and follow the prompts from your connected wallet to complete the transaction. 8. Wait until the transaction has finished processing. This can take several minutes. 9. Once the transaction has finished processing, a pop-up will confirm the verification was successful.
To claim the interest your listed account has generated you first need to claim the listing. If you haven't done that already, follow the steps to Claim Your Ideamarket Listing, above.
Note: To claim the available interest your verified listing has generated, a transaction needs to take place. Please ensure that you have enough ETH in your wallet to cover the gas fee.
To claim your interest:
Find your claimed listing in the 'Listings' section of your 'Wallet' page (accessible in the navigation menu)
Click the listing to open its Listing Page.
Click 'Withdraw' in the left panel.
4. Follow the prompts from your connected wallet to complete the transaction. 5. Wait for the transaction to process (may be several minutes). 6. Once the transaction is complete, find the claimed interest in your wallet, denominated in DAI (USD).